True Conservatism on WordPress

Friday, February 10, 2006

A Little Bit of Everything

There's a lot of stuff going on out there...so instead of giving a long bloviation about one topic, today I feel like hitting on a bunch of things. So, here goes:


First off, the federal budget seems to be taking a turn for the better. Apparently, President Bush is going to be cutting a bunch of programs, which is definitely a good thing...any cut that reduces the presence of big government gets my vote.


The lobbyist Jack Abramoff is now saying that President Bush met with him more than a dozen times. I say, who cares? The Abroamoff scandal would mean something if more were being done about it than partisan political attacks, but the MSM, along with Democratic Senators, are turning it into a "Republican culture of corruption" issue. What about the Washington DC culture of corruption? Abramoff gave money to all kinds of politicians, Republican and Democrat, but all this seems to be is another chance for political attacks. There are more important things out there than stupid politics.


The Scooter Libby 'scandal' has taken a turn...apparently, Libby's lawyers are going to say that Libby was authorized by his superiors to disclose information from a classified intelligence report to the press. Again, who cares? All this is is the last embers of the dying Plame-gate scandal that the Dems again tried to pin on the Bush administration. The basic Democratic strategy for years now has been, "if you throw enough crap at the wall, sooner or later, some of it will stick." Plame-gate didn't stick, mainly because it was a bunch of bunk. Why Scooter Libby lied under oath is beyond me - the administration didn't do anything illegal. More stupid politics.


Even more stupid politics: now they're out there saying that the Bush admin. knew that New Orleans was flooding the day before they told the press they heard about the levies breaking.

WHO CARES!!!!!

Any citizen of New Orleans with any knowledge whatsoever knew that New Orleans would be underwater if a big hurricane hit the city. I remember hearing that more than a year ago, and I've never even been to New Orleans. More crap at the wall...


An internet web site is selling t-shirts displaying one of the Mohammed cartoons that have inflamed Muslims throughout the Middle East and Europe. I wasn't able to access their website due to heavy traffic, but I might just get me one...or maybe not. Either way, I'm definitely in favor of free speech. So go out there and buy Danish!


I saved the best for last: Kanye West, in another briliant move, wants a revised version of the Bible so he can be a character in it. Now, I've never heard West's 'music,' and I don't really want to...but all I have to say about this is, "what the heck?" What is this guy thinking? The only explanation I can come up with is, he must be some kind of psycho, because no normal person would ever be this weird...or, at least, I hope they wouldn't.

No comments: